Friday, October 21, 2011

[RE] Homework


“Now I understand the point of teachers giving homework, so we could learn. But homework encourages students to not want to learn, because of the large amounts of assignments given to us.”
This quote is from Nick Sarmiento’s blog.

Homework can be the best thing or you’re worst nightmare. I’ve experienced it both ways. I for one have trouble staying awake in class or listening to a long lecture. I loved math last year. Yeah I know I’m a nerd, whatever. But now I dread each time I walk into that class. The work is beyond hard and we get swamped with homework every night, including weekends. At first I was frustrated at the amount of homework that he would give us but then I realized, in a way, it’s a good thing. Since it’s hard for me to focus on my teacher’s lectures that drag on and on, I simply take good notes and review them when I get home. And the large amount of problems assigned is just to help me practice the material.
Chemistry is kind of the opposite. I love that class so I always do my best to pay attention. It’s just when my teacher begins to take notes I start to get sleepy. But it’s easier to snap out of my trance because I actually enjoy what I’m doing. Luckily my chem teacher barely gives out homework but when he does I procrastinate doing it. It’s not that I don’t know how to but that it’s hard to get my mind back into “chemistry mode” when I’m at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment