Friday, October 14, 2011

[RE] Thrift Shopping:D

“Some people might think shopping in a thrift store is… I don’t know gross; because the clothes are used.”
                A lot of people become hesitant when thinking of shopping at a thrift store. When people think of buying clothes they expect them to new. I used to only think this way too, but the thing is you can find some really unique pieces at a thrift store. Of course people prefer new clothes to used ones but not all used clothes are in bad shape. Most are in good condition if not still new looking.
                I’m personally really into vintage clothing. Like leather boots, laced pieces, patterned buttoned blazers, high-waist shorts, floral patterns, etc. At least that’s my version of vintage. And guess what? You can find a lot of these pieces at a thrift store! Usually no one else with have the same clothing as you and it further defines your personal style.
                I really want to buy some jumpers and a pair of Toms. This is off topic from the quote but I just wanted to mention it.(: My outfits are usually based off what I’m doing and one piece of clothing I really want to wear the next day. Like if I have PE the next day I’ll wear something easy to change in and out of. And if I really want to wear my grey Vans the next day I’ll pick out an outfit that goes with them. It just usually works out like that.




                                              This quote is from Annie Zhu’s blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment